Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Gingerbread Men from Missouri

I am super-excited about the Gingerbread Man Exchange my class participated in this month.  Linda Andrews from Cartersville Primary School graciously organized this little venture with 33 classrooms across the United States.  I gave my little Kinders the assignment to take their gingerbread man home and research Missouri facts with their families.  Then, they had to decorate their gingerbread man to teach other students about the great state of Missouri.  Our school is so lucky to have such wonderful parent involvement because they sent back the coolest creations.  The kids were able to report the facts they learned and how their gingerbread man was dressed.  I also have to thank the other Kindergarten class in our school for participating, as well.  I only have 20 kiddos in my class so I was thankful the other class was willing to pitch in to help.

Our gingerbread men made a great display for our first-ever family literacy night.  Then, the little guys were sent off in the mail to greet other classrooms.  I made a little video so you can see the amazing creativity my Kinders and their families displayed.



No comments:

Post a Comment