Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Am I ready?

Everyone keeps asking if I am ready for school to begin.  It's funny because usually at this time of year I am in a frenzy to get everything ready.  This year I am surprisingly mellow.  My room is no where near ready and I haven't begun to stress about the first day of school. (School starts in 7 days.)  I was on my way to follow this same frenzied path when I had to go into the hospital on Friday for the unexpected removal of my appendix.  Now I find myself marveling at how life can turn on a dime and how friends, family, and co-workers are ready at a moments notice to come to your aid and make sure you are OK.  I am so fortunate to have so many great people in my life.  It helps to remind me about the importance of service and why we do the things we do as teachers.   Sure the new school supplies are intoxicating but when you really take the time to think about the job we do, it's all about doing service for others.

We enter each new year with excitement for what we will accomplish with our new batch of little darlings.  We get a fresh start to do something good in the lives of children.  How blessed are we to have the opportunity to make and impact in life of someone else!

So am I ready?  Yes, I'm ready for a new year and new challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment